I like to block out parts of my outlook calendar so that people cannot book me or send me invites for these times. The problem with this is I get reminders for each of these “Gap” appointments I create. So I wanted to find a way that I get standard reminders for all appointments except if the subject is Gap. So here is how I did it.
You need to ensure Visual Basic is enabled and installed as part of Outlook. You may have to add the Developer Section to the tool bar to get the Visual basic option. Copy the code below into the “ThisOutlookSession” page. Obviously this code looks for any appointment created with the subject of Gap or gap, you should update the code accordingly. I also through views have conditional formatting on for these appointment types.
Dim WithEvents curCal As Items
Private Sub Application_Startup()
Dim NS As Outlook.NameSpace
Set NS = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI")
' calendar to watch for new items
Set curCal = NS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Items
Set NS = Nothing
Private Sub curCal_ItemAdd(ByVal Item As Object)
Dim cAppt As AppointmentItem
If TypeOf Item Is Outlook.AppointmentItem And Item.Subject Like "[Gg]ap" Then
Set cAppt = Item
cAppt.ReminderSet = False
I know, it is not really that hard but as I keep forgetting how to do it, I am logging it here.
Well I went to take some video footage of my car and after charging my GoPro Hero3 Black edition, it would not turn on. When I held down the ON button, a light on the back would flash red but nothing else would happen.
After a little searching this solved my problem:
Remove SD card and battery
Press and hold shutter button and keep it pressed.
Insert battery and click on/mode button.
That reset the camera and fixed it fine.
I have been looking for a good and simple solution to ensure my kids use their iphones, ipads etc. safely while connected to our home network. I had played with Squid Cache a few times but found the management of blacklist a little too manual for my liking.
A little research lead me to check out OpenDNS. Although is cost a small amount per annum, the set up and config was very easy. I just had to set the DNS records on the kids devices and then use the dashboard on their site to manage blacklist and to review blocked sites etc.
The good news is that this has been working perfectly, AND the kids have not been busted for going to any site that they shouldn’t!
I could not work out why in IE11 on my Surface Pro 2 that I could not get Google as the default search provider in IE. When I would search for the add on in the gallery, there was just no Google! There was the Search with Google Australia Accelerator, but this aint no search!!
So, I noticed I was on the Australian site (en-au in the url) and decided to try the US site (en-us) and what do you know, there it is. It will only add google.com and not google.com.au but this is way, way better than Bing!!
If you are in Australia and can’t work it out, head here in your browser and you should be good to go!